Sunday, September 28, 2008

Don't let your dreams be dreams

Several months ago Paige and Brock told me about a dream they both had. They dreamt, seperately, that we stayed in a hotel that had access to a beach from the back door. They talked about how fun it would be to leave our room and walk to the beach and play in the ocean. I don't remember all the details of the conversation but they both had a dream, the same dream! The funnest part of being a dad is you get to make dreams reality. Here are a few pictures from our visit to Newport Beach this past week and video from the beach. I'll add more later.


. . . but don't let your dreams be dreams, you know this livin's not so hard as it seems. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Dream.

3 comments:

Woody+Goody said...

The ocean is such a great place to play and learn about this world, created for our pleasure and use. Your dreams of playing there with the children will last and last. Great memories!!! Happy birthday Preston! You're such a great dad and provider for you family! Love, MOM W

30somethingmama said...

I think that the beach has got to be the best part of that trip! We will be bagging Disneyland, SeaWorld and the rest of that stuff next time and just hanging ten on the beach! When I saw your post title, I started singing that song. P.S. We'll forgive you for not stopping to say hi! No hard feelings. :)

Jenny Bay said...

That is so cool about their dreams, looks like you guys had a fun trip!