So like the other parents we met him in the parking lot (kind of pathetic really). He was a little annoyed that we insisted on attending his first day with him.
Charmayne, Sidney and Braden had to catch up, Brock wasn't waiting.
Outside the classroom. At least I got a smile, toothless or not.
The classroom. Tate sits across from Brock, which is nice since Tate was on his baseball team this past spring. After the first week Brock had to struggle with a little homesickness, which quickly dissipated when Paige began including him in her recess soccer games.
Lee Iaccoca said: "Lead, follow or get out of the way". I think life is like that, especially when it comes to kids. Change will happen whether we are prepared or not. And there is no turning back the clock.
So, in the words of my favorite poet - 'Come mothers and fathers throughout the land. And don't criticize what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command. Your old road is rapidly agin'. Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand. For the times they are a-changin'.
2 comments:
Well, you had me at the title - anything Dylan scores points with me. I know the feeling - we have two in school and only one left to go...with me in my thirties and kids pushing middle school age, times really are a-changin'!
You always had great taste in music Corbie. Dylan is the master. I love watching the kids grow but I am starting to miss my youth!
Post a Comment