This past July Logan, Andrea, Madeline and Grandma Sharon visited us from Houston, TX. Of course everyone is aware that Hurricane Ike landed this past weekend. Thankfully, Logan and his family and Grandma were all safe. They are without power and running water (last I heard) but they think things will be fine. In this picture Logan, Andrea and Madeline prepare for a pony ride at Wheeler Farm.
Grandma and Paige, Brock & Sidney at Snowbird.
Brooks and his kids were at Snowbird with us as well. We had a party on the plaza! Alpine slide, climbing wall, tram ride - it was a fun day. Logan and Andrea are not in this picture because Madeline was taking nap.
Logan and Paige on the alpine slide. Snowbird holds fond memories for Logan as he was a Snowbird employee for several years.
By the end of Madeline's week long stay I had made a new friend. Logan and Andrea were waiting in line for the zip rider while Madi was hanging out with her favorite uncle!
Logan and Madi in our backyard. Madi loved the swings, toys and kids at our house - at least I think she did? We sure had fun and love her.
We were worried Madi would be overwhelmed with four kids running around. When she arrived she fit right in and became the fifth. She loved to go up and down the stairs in our home. Logan, I think, didn't care too much for the stairs by the end of the week :)
My kids count down the days for Grandma Sharon's visits. She always spoils them in a grandmotherly way and they get to eat "out" more than normal. This trip wasn't any different. Francesco's (Chef Tom's Bistro), Astro Burger, shakes at Ice Berg - they did it all.
Having fun at Wheeler Farm. Madeline was the focus of attention all week. She could say all of the kids names and by the end of the week was saying Charmayne!
On the street at historic Wheeler Farm. Logan is doing really well, as you can see. He has a beautiful family, he works hard - I am really proud to be his brother.
2 comments:
Loved the post. My favorite part? How you claim to be the favorite uncle to a child who can't speak for herself. I love when people do this. :)
First, the girl can speak. Second, you can verify this to be true by speaking with the parents. And third, you know me - how could I not be her favorite :)
Love how you lump me in with "people" :) Is that what I am reduced to?
Post a Comment