Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Year Old!

Braden turned 1 today! Fastest year of my life. It really doesn't seem like a year ago that nurses were trying to get him to breathe on the delivery table. Maybe time really does fly when you are. . . ?
It has been fun getting to know this kid. The last couple of months he has really started to flash his personality. Perpetually happy, very loving and he likes to make us all laugh. He loves milk like his brother and he loves food like the rest of us, especially fruit. We didn't do too much for him today. What do you give a kid who has two sisters and a brother and a room full of toys? The kids picked out a webkin for him and he got a fresh peach dessert, since his favorite food/fruit is whole peaches. We all enjoyed his peach dessert while he drank a bottle of whole milk.

Happy with the webkin. Glad we let the kids pick the gift.
These two are best friends.
Braden into mischief at the hotel in Newport.

Heading towards the kitchen in the hotel.


Braden started crawling a couple of months ago. Late, just like Brock. We didn't really push him and with the kids dragging him everywhere I don't think there was too much motivation to learn on his own. But then he discovered if he were to crawl he could take himself into the bathroom and unroll the toilet paper and tip the garbage, in the kitchen he could empty cuboards and get into the oven drawer. Once this light went on there was no stopping him and he hasn't looked back.

6 comments:

Corbie said...

Ah - the toilet paper skills. Ryan has twice dropped the whole roll into the toilet. Good times for sure.

30somethingmama said...

Wow the year has flown. He sure is cute. The pic of him & Sid is priceless. We love the new family pics too! We miss you guys!

suz said...

I can't believe he is already one! He is such a cute and happy little guy...he makes me smile whenever I see him!

Catherine said...

Hi Char!
This is Catherine from Oakley. I happened to come across your blog and thought I'd leave a comment. You have a very very cute family! You look great as always!!
Check out my blog sometime:
brown-jcl.blogspot.com
It's great to see how you're doing.

Corbie said...

Okay, so now I am doing what you did on my mom's blog and leaving a totally unrelated comment for you here - I can't find your email address (not sure I ever had it) and during the day, work has kept me too busy to call and chat about music. So, thanks for the tunes - great recommendation. I have been listening on and off I think it may grow on me. Keep me posted of any others you think I may be missing in my collection :). Thanks again! Corbie

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday buddy! The new pictures from memory grove are awesome! We love all of you!
Steve and Jayme