Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pirated Prelude

Today was the Primary program at our church. Paige was asked to play the piano prelude music as people were taking their seats. Not knowing the protocol on camera's in church (I have never seen one), I brought mine along. As I was shooting video, a couple of people approached me (I was trying to be discreet) and said I didn't know you could have camera's in here? I replied by saying neither did I? It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. My parents know too well that I have lived my life by that simple sentence. So here is Paige playing one of her prelude songs.



Why stop with video? I had to get a picture of Brock as he was singing hymns. I held the camera against my chest and disabled the flash. I don't think anyone noticed?


I think the opportunities these kids are getting by being involved in our church is indispensable. Paige was playing the piano in front of 200+ people. They both gave short talks to an audience of over 250 people. At 8 and 6 they are learning things and encountering situations I didn't until I was 19. We live in a rapidly changing world and I know our involvement as a family in our church organization is preparing our children for their future's.

Brock gave his talk first. He said: "The temple is a blessing for me and my family. I will live now to be worthy to go to the temple and do my part to have an eternal family. I will be reverent and speak kindly to be worthy to enter the temple."

Paige gave her talk several minutes after Brock. She said: "And verily I say unto you, let this house be built unto my name, that I may reveal mine ordinances therein unto my people." (Doctrine & Covenants 124:40)

2 comments:

Corbie said...

When I pushed 'play' on the video of Paige I was giddy with excitement when I heard what song she was playing - was that not everyone's favorite church song when they were young? I almost started doing the little hand actions myself :)

suz said...

Wow! I didn't notice you with the camera, you are kinda gutsy!