Saturday, February 16, 2008

Super Glue

Charmayne is telling me this story as I type it.
Paige had a friend (Summer) over this past Wednesday. They both wanted Charmayne to take them to the nail salon to get their nails done. Charmayne said no but she would paint their nails for them. So Charmayne got the nail polish out and put it on the table and went to put some things away while the girls picked their nail polish colors. The next thing Charmayne hears is Paige screaming in the bathroom that something isn't right. So Charmayne goes to the bathroom and finds Paige washing her hands. Paige was asked what happened to which she replied her hands were stuck together? It turns out nail polish wasn't enough. The girls wanted fake nails so Paige decided to get the super glue from the cupboard. As she tried to gently squeeze the super glue onto her nail, it exploded in her hands. Frantic she tried to rub her hands together to get the glue off only to find, in terror, her hands were stuck together. She was able to peel them a part and then tried to wash the glue off, again finding her hands stuck, but this time to the faucet. As the glue dried she looked at her hands in horror and said, in tears of course, I cannot go to school tomorrow everyone will think I am a freak! Needless to say Paige spent the rest of the day peeling glue from her hands. I think Summer was traumatized more by Paige's display than the fear of super glue. I think it is safe to say both girls will think twice before they ever touch super glue. Charmayne and I laughed all night! Paige's new nickname, as you might guess, is super glue or simply S.G.

1 comment:

Tasharoo said...

I hate super glue. I manage to get it on my fingers, my clothes, on the furniture, or whatever I'm using it over. I have learned my lesson and cover everything with paper towels, change my clothes and proceed to use the glue. Once I put it away it usually leaks onto whatever I've put it away in. Trying to use it a 2nd time just results in a mess with me squeezing the tube too hard to try and twist off the lid.
Poor Paige...I know her pain!