Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Journal Entry

It was hard to want to make another post. I have really enjoyed logging onto the blog and seeing the picture of the kids. But I guess it would defeat the purpose if we didn't post again and I can always just scroll down or use the link. I keep a journal. Not because I think my life is worth reading about but because I want the kids to know what I think about and what matters to me. I often wish I could read my mom's thoughts or my dad's thoughts about certain life situations they faced. How did they solve problems? What did they do in situations that I now face? My mom and dad were great parents as we were growing up. They were not perfect but they tried to love us perfectly. I know that. I hope our kids can look past my many weaknesses and the few that Charmayne has. I hope they will always feel our love for them. I hope that by keeping a journal they will one day really know that I for some reason always think I need to be the underdog. In every situation. Why? Maybe so when I win I can say I overcame the odds, or worse maybe when I lose I can say I didn't have a chance anyway. I hope my kids will be content to be winners! Confident in being the best, in trying to be the best, always striving for excellence in their lives and not settling for good enough. I fear I am only good enough. I want them to know that my job and its taking me away from home is hard on me because it creates seperation from them. That I don't think money is the end, rather it is a means to an end. The end to me is family and faith. I am happiest when I am home with the people I love the most. I happiest when we are at Franklin Covey Field watching a baseball game together or at the Huntsman Center watching the Runnin' Utes together. But the games are always secondary. The highlight is sharing time together. What else do we have? All each of has is - our time. So keep a journal, it will benefit more than just yourself.

Preston

PS I promise pictures in the next post.

2 comments:

grandpalarry said...

Cool blog. Tell the grandkids I love them. Be seeing you soon.

Teuscher said...

You have made quite a profound statement, " they were not perfect, but they tried to love us perfectly." Thanks for giving us something to think about