Saturday, March 29, 2008

Idaho

The kids headed to Idaho over Easter weekend to ride grandpa's John Deere's one last time. We were happy to get a picture with Braden on the 4450.
The kids have really loved grandpa's tractors over the years. Paige and Brock were especially excited after this visit because grandpa was talking about how well they drive on their own. Brock proudly said, "grandpa said I'm good enough to drive all by myself!"
All that love all those mistakes
What else can a poor man make?
Something else was on my mind
The only ghost I'm haunted by
I hear her howling down below
Idaho oh Idaho

3 comments:

Teuscher said...

What kid doesn't love riding in a solid John Deere tractor!
Loved seeing a picture of your dad again Char! He is a good man.

Woody+Goody said...

I get a huge lump in my throat when I think that was the last of the John Deere fun, but I'm just as sure that we can come up with some great new traditions. I think if we'd had one more year and some ground, Paul would have had those boys and Paige plowing and ripping. Our neighbor, Bud used to call and tell Paul that sure is cool how you have a remote control tractor out there doing all your work - it was Louis. You could just barely see his little body in there when he started running it on his own.
Jesse got those tractors - all three- on his low boy trailor and got them to Vernal around 9 PM on the 29th.

Tasharoo said...

The look on both the girls' faces cracks me up! Is this in response to Brock's claim to drive the tractor all by himself?