Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Paige

Well I guess google's servers were having problems so we are unable to post pictures. I have been traveling so weekends are the only convenient times to make a post. Paige is 8 years old today. Because she wanted to do some things that were not conducive to Sunday's she had two days worth of celebrating, lucky her. Yesterday afternoon she was surprised by Charmayne in picking up her friend Summer and heading to Bonnie Nails. All three girls got a hot wax hand treatment and a manicure. If that wasn't enough we then headed to Gateway and visited the Build-A-Bear factory. Paige, Brock and Sidney each picked a bear (or - rabbit, dog, bear), watched it get stuffed and dressed it. I think they all had a blast! I will post pictures from this event as soon as I can. We finished Saturday by going to Olive Garden, Paige's favorite restaurant. She ordered her usual fettuccine Alfredo. The rest of us enjoyed dinner as much as she did.

Today, the senior primary sang happy birthday to her, so did the singles party next door and of course we all did as she blew out the candles on her chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting. We rode bikes because the sun was shining. It was still a little on the chilly side but we are all so anxious for spring that we couldn't miss the opportunity to put air in our tires and oxygen in our lungs.

I drove four hours through a snow storm from Columbus, OH to Detroit, MI to make sure I got home for the weekend. I didn't want to have to explain missing number 8. Columbus wound up with 22 inches of snow. When I flew out of Detroit at 5pm Friday night it was dry as a bone. Paige is a great girl. We wish you all could have been with us to celebrate her birthday but the presents that were sent and the phone calls you made have left an impression on her. Thank you for staying in her life and the other kids lives. Paige has great examples to follow, thank you for raising the bar for her. Have a great week. Brock and I will update the blog this week with our adventures at Spring Training.

Our Love,

Preston

No comments: