Sunday, June 2, 2013

Girls... and Taylor Swift

I kind of feel like the boys have been dominating the last few updates, which means I need to give an update on the girls.  Most recently (last night), the girls and I went to see Taylor Swift in Salt Lake City.  I took Paige last year to see Taylor Swift and was pleasantly surprised.  This year was no different, with the exception of a musician who was her "opening act" - Ed Sheeran.  This guy was good, at least in terms of music I like.  He put on a fantastic opening and left me wanting more.  Ed performs solo and uses a loop pedal to blend harmonies, back ground vocals, bass lines and leads, which he creates himself while performing.  Brock has been using a loop pedal for similar things in his guitars classes lately.

We invited one of Paige's close friends (Morgan) to go with us.  So there we were, the four of us, a dad and three girls heading to a pop queen's concert.  We parked and then followed various drunk homeless men on our walk to the arena.  Paige and Morgan were asked twice by said drunk guys to stop laughing.  We then stood in line to get the girls t-shirts, I always receive an email after the concert to buy apparel at 20% off but it just wouldn't be the same.  After fighting the t-shirt throng we headed to the concession stands to get the girls 'dinner', that is if you think dinner is kettle corn, sour patch kids, swedish fish and a churro.  That dinner sounds like a square meal Buddy the Elf would approve of - "we elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup".  After 'dinner' we headed to our seats to prepare for the entertainment.  Taylor Swift changed wardrobe 11 times in 2 hours, the girls enjoyed every song and could still document the set list from memory this morning.  After her final song 'We are never getting back together', Sidney asked if it was time to go down and meet her.  Just when you thought you have delivered a home run, your daughter asks a question that makes your fear you have struck out.  Wish I could have delivered on that one.  What had started out as one dad and three girls turned into one dad and 14,000 girls.  If you don't believe me check out the men's bathroom....







No comments: