- Paige - quit track, she doesn't like the pain. I though she was a natural, but motivation has to come from within. She will be starting tumbling this next week, which was her big idea. Her hope.... to be able to pull off front and back handsprings. I think this may have something to do with impressing the boys. If she's not talking to me about her favorite boys at school, it is her BFF Morgan (best 13 year old we know besides Paige), Taylor Swift and all things involving pop culture.
- Brock - baseball is in season and so is Brock. He took a year off because he wasn't having fun. You might think I'm just proud parent if I say anything, so come see for yourself. I was out of town this week and received a text from his coach on Wednesday night. It went something like.... Brock single-handedly kept us in the game, we were down 5-8 when I put him into pitch. He struck out 6 of 7 batters over two innings (walked one), didn't give up a run and then had a big hit. We won, 9-8.
- Sidney - wanted to play soccer until she heard Paige was starting tumbling. Sidney, like Paige wants to pull off front and back handsprings. This kid works and works, she comes home from school, finishes her homework and then is not seen or heard from again until bed time. She lives to be outside.
- Braden - funny guy. Got caught taking an iPod to bed, it was glowing under his covers. When Charmayne reminded him "you may not take an iPod to bed" he replied "I may can" and promptly hid it. First of our kids to be a demon on the soccer field, he scores at least one goal every game. This kid practices baseball as if he were playing. Soccer cleats will soon be hung up and baseball spikes put on.... He's reading and writing.
There isn't a day that goes by that we don't think "what were we thinking, having four kids" and that is generally followed at some point by another thought "it is amazing how great it is to have four kids". We are getting older.... gray hair, physical ailments, lack of energy. Funny how one day you wake up and have a 13 year old kid and realize life has changed. It's not about us anymore and that is a sad and exciting thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment