Second to last game tonight, last game of the season is tomorrow at 6:15 PM MST. The Giants record through 9 games is 4-5, a win tomorrow night will guarantee a .500 season heading into the playoffs. I was the only coach present tonight, I made two kids cry and honestly didn't think I was being mean - just holding them accountable and teaching baseball.
Brock was devastating at the plate tonight. He blasted a triple to lead-off the second inning, he was one spot short of batting twice in the first inning. His triple was to dead center, cleared the center fielder by 20 feet and rolled to the fence (187 feet). He must have his mother's genes in the speed department because Paige, Sidney and Braden could have walked around the bases for a home run. Brock.... had to slide into third to beat the tag. It may have something to do with wearing a size 7 shoe at 10 years old? but slow is slow. He's going to wind up a corner infielder, pitcher or catcher whether he wants to or not. Truth is, as long as you can hit they'll find a place for you. Just ask the Detroit Tigers about Miguel Cabrera.
He had three plate appearances tonight, the triple in the second a single in the first inning and a walk in the fourth. His third at bat was painful to him, he doesn't like to walk and he fouled off the only good pitch he saw. He scored 3 of our 8 runs and played solid at third base tonight. I didn't want to be the dad who started his son at pitcher, so two other kids got the chance. I'm sure he'll get at least three innings tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment