
For those of you who don't follow college baseball, which I am guessing is everyone, Utah had a great year. Won the
MWC Tournament, advanced to the
regionals of the College World Series and sent
Gonzaga and Georgia Southern home before being eliminated by Cal State Fullerton.

What does Utah baseball have to do with anything relating to this post? Nothing, unless you think Brock is a major part of it! And since Brock has been dominating the posts of late, you might be interested to know that he attended the U of U baseball camp. Brock told me he was the second best player in his group, the best player could hit the ball farther than him.

I was out of town while the camp was in session, so Charmayne was very generous in taking the time to get Brock to and from campus. All 4 Utah coaches and 12 players instructed the camp. Brock rubbed shoulders with Bill
Kinnenberg (also head coach of USA Collegiate National Team), Corey
Shimada, Brian
Budrow, C.J.
Cron, Michael Beltran and others. Here he looks enthused to be waiting his turn to run the bases :)

Truthfully, Brock couldn't have been happier to be there. Every night I talked with him he told me every detail of the camp - the pickle, banana run, the
alligator, step and throw, twist then hit, blah, blah, blah. Playing catch in the back yard last night I noticed he can glove a ball backhanded, which he couldn't do before the camp - maybe we got our moneys worth? I mean beyond the smile. And for those of you who might think I discriminate, BYU does not allow kids under 12 to attend their camps :)
2 comments:
You had me until the BYU part...
Cute pics :)
I just have to add that the face he has is because I made him turn around and look at me so that I could get a picture and there were other parents standing around. Moms are extremely embarrassing!!
Post a Comment