
A view from our campsite.

We started hiking Thursday evening. The trail to the lake was 2.3 miles and climbed 1,000 vertical feet. Brock said his least favorite part of the trip was hiking. It took us 2 1/2 hours to hike up and 1 1/4 hour to hike down.

On the approach to the lake and our camp.

Brock's favorite part of the trip was carving spears out of tree limbs with his Swiss Army knife. This activity kept him busy from morning until evening. I had to beg him to fish.

One of our many catches - this is an Arctic Grayling (Salmon Family), its dorsal fin expands to become very tall. I wish I would have pulled it out for this picture. We also caught Brook Trout.

By the fire, night two. It was a chore keeping the boys out of the fire. No major injuries to speak of.

Armed with his torch.

Leaving camp for the hike back to the truck, morning of day 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment