Monday, October 19, 2009

Bo Bo's Birthday!

The girls call our two year old Bo-Bo? He answers to it, so I guess he's okay with it. We have been hoping the kid might want to start talking soon. Charmayne took him to Target to pick out a birthday present. After all the kids tried to sell him on their ideas of what he should get, Charmayne asked, "Braden, what do you want?". The reply, matter of factly was . . . MANNY! The kid spoke and his choice was Handy Manny from the Disney Channel. A toy that talks and has a tool box and tools. When he opened that box, he screamed! I was sorry I didn't have the camera rolling - pure excitement. So I guess he will talk when their is something on the line, like Handy Manny! Maybe one day we'll hear him say - Hola', Handy Manny's repair shop, you break we fix it. The kid also loves brownies. When his birthday brownies were put in front of him, he dove in face first. He didn't need any encouragement! It really seems like yesterday that we were chasing a two year old Brock around the house and now we have this guy. I always find myself hoping time might slow down a little so we can enjoy these moments longer, or at least in slow motion. But it's no use, time has it's own agenda. At this point in life Charmayne and I realize the only thing we truly own is our time, most everything else owns us. So we enjoy these simple little treasures, face first in the brownie cake, squeals of joy for a Manny toy and hope the memories live forever.








1 comment:

charpack said...

I love our blog. Thank you Preston for staying-up and getting close to no sleep to post wonderful memories that will always remind us of this part of our lives. You are awesome!