Saturday, May 23, 2009

Box Cooker

Paige had an optional school project, build a solar cooker to make smores. She was pretty excited to do it, so we went to work Tuesday evening. To make a long story short, her box cooker was the talk of her class. Everyone wanted to know how she made it, several wanted to trade and a few offered to buy it. I'm not sure if it was the skinny cow box or the oven bag we placed over the opening that made it so popular? I just think we spent a little more time and put a little more thought into it. By the way, it cooks great! Smores anyone???
As a side note, I remember my parents taking time to make sure our projects were the best. I always had the best diaramas, won best in show every pine wood derby, etc. Paige asked me how I was so good at making box cookers, I just answered ask your grandparents - they taught me :)

No comments: