Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Playhouse. . . Phase 1


While at Home Depot one day a few months ago Paige picked up a flier with shed and playhouse kits being advertised. Pretty much everyday since I have been reminded of the need for a playhouse. I love imagination and I have really enjoyed building so we broke ground on a 10x10 spot next to the shed in our backyard. We set our posts and poured concrete footings.
We decided to build a raised floor instead of pouring concrete. Brock and Sidney, as you will see, have been with me every step of the way. There have been times when Brock hasn't wanted to work, like hauling buckets full of rocks to the garbage can or friends wanting to play. But I explained I wasn't going to build this thing alone and Brock has been true to his word.
Brock and Sidney adding the finishing touches to the floor joyce's.



Brock and I flashing the guns after setting the walls. Brock had to hold the walls while I plumbed and squared them. Even though they are only 64" tall, the walls were very heavy.

We couldn't get Sidney to Flex.

Trying to beat Wednesday's rain we worked until sundown Tuesday night. We finished framing the roof but didn't have the light to sheet it. After we finished the framing Brock said "this is going to be awesome".

The kits at Home Depot cost about $1,200.00. Ours will cost about half that and it has been much more fun. Hapiness in life is found in working hard with those we love. Taking the kids' dreams and making them reality is keeping us young and happy!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This is an awesome project to do with Dad! I love the step by step pictures. I wish our "playhouse" was going as quickly. *sigh* Please post a picture of the final finished product when its done- I am excited to see how it turns out!

Tasharoo said...

That is awesome! What fun memories to have with your kids! You have the coolest family!